7 Simple And Easy Ways To Treat Asthma In 7 Days
Asthma is a respiratory disease that occurs due to obstruction of airways such that the affected person has difficulty in breathing. The major factors that trigger asthma are:
- Extreme Weather conditions
- Air pollutants and irritants like dust, fumes, strong odor and smoke
- Stress, emotions and depression
- Infections on the respiratory tract
- Exercise- causes exercise induced asthma
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Before we look into 7 easy ways to treat asthma, let us look at the symptoms. These will enable you to determine if you are infected with asthma.
- Shortness of breath
- A frequent cough especially during the night
- Chest pain
- Mucus production
- Weakness and tiredness after exercise
After knowing that you have asthma, you should embark on finding the remedy to the problem. Is there a way you can treat asthma other than the inhaler? Yes, in the following easy ways:
1. Mustard Oil
This is a great natural treatment for asthma. Basically, you are supposed to mix a cupful of mustard oil and mix with two pieces of camphor. Then you should heat the mixture until it’s warm and then rub gently the heated oil mixture on upper back and chest of the asthmatic patient. You should do this regularly, several times daily. This will relieve the patient from asthma and subside the symptoms.
Garlic is a natural treatment for asthma and many other diseases including arthritis, liver diseases, cold, insomnia, ulcers and even cancer. Actually, it is the reason of finding its way into many people’s diet nowadays. It has antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral properties which help curb and even cure many ailments. In this case, smelling its aroma is a good cure as well as consuming it fights asthma. The process is simple:
Fry garlic pods lightly preferably in ghee. Smell the aroma that is coming from the frying pan. Inhaling the aroma from the frying garlic will cure asthma almost instantaneously. You should go ahead to consume the garlic pods since it will also help the body in combating asthma.
Alternatively, you can add garlic cloves and boil the mixture. Have this mixture once every day
Ginger is another treatment for asthma because it prevents contraction and inflammation of the airways. Also, researches show that ginger contains important compounds that help in promoting muscle relaxant effects of some asthma drugs. The process of making this homemade remedy is:
- Mix ginger juice, honey and pomegranate juice in equal proportions. Take one tablespoon twice or thrice daily for better results.
- Another method is grinding ginger and mixing with water. Then mix one tablespoon of the ground powder with one and a half cups of water. Take one teaspoon of this mixture every day before you retire to bed.
- Alternatively, you can boil small pieces of ginger with water for about five minutes. Let it cool before consuming the same.
- Still, you may opt to use fenugreek. Similarly, boil one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds with a cupful of water. Then add one tablespoon of ginger and honey each and then drink this solution twice a day preferably in the morning and evening.
- The last option is chewing raw ginger. You can mix this with salt.
Honey is one of the most commonly used natural treatments for asthma having been used for asthma relief for ages. It soothes the mucous membrane in the airways and hence calms cough as well. It is highly recommended to aid in relieving night coughs especially for children you can prepare an asthma treatment using the following procedures;
- Add a teaspoon of honey to glass of warm water and take it every night
- You can also mix a teaspoon of cinnamon and honey each has the mixture once daily
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and thyme powder and have the mixture twice or thrice a day
- Alternatively, you can mix a tablespoon of honey and half teaspoon dried sunflower.
- Have the mixture in the morning and in the evening.
Fruits have a lot of health benefits to our bodies. However, there are some types of fruits that can effectively cure asthma if taken in the prescribed methods. These fruits are:
- Figs- figs have numerous nutritional values for our bodies. They help prevent breathing difficulties and promote respiratory health especially through unblocking respiratory tract. Basically, you should wash dry figs with warm water and soak them overnight. Have the soaked figs and drink the water the first thing in the morning before you take your breakfast.
- Dry grapes- similarly, remove the seeds and soak them overnight. Take them in the morning.
- Banana- mash the banana and warm it. Then sprinkle some pepper and take the banana for an immediate asthma relief
- Also take Oranges and other vitamin C fruits like blueberries and papaya. These fruits will relieve you from wheezing.
6. Licorice Root
Licorice root has been used by Chinese for ages to treat asthma. It contains substances like flavonoids which will relieve you from inflammation of the airways and bronchial which causes an asthma attack. It loosens up mucus and helps you breathe smoothly.
Simply boil licorice root and boil for about 15 minutes. You should have this for about 2-3 times a day for the best results.
7. Drumstick Tree Leaves
A drumstick or moringa tree is used in the treatment of several diseases. Its leaves are used to prepare asthma treatment. The procedure for making Moringa leaves soups is:
- Add a handful of drumstick leaves to water
- Boil for about 5 minutes
- You can optionally mix pepper, salt and lime juice to the soup
- Take the soup once every day
There are many more ways to treat asthma such as yoga which could treat asthma without using drugs. The most important step in asthma treatment is knowing what triggers asthma. It is very easy to know the course of action from this point. You may consider the above-discussed remedies if possible with a consultation to the health practitioner. In a nutshell, asthma is preventable.