Are you tired of having your friends or colleagues call you some adjectives such as matchstick, hanger, skeletal, undernourished and so on?
Quite embarrassing, isn’t it?
Don’t get me wrong, being slim and fit is fine. However, being skinny can get you into a lot of trouble. And when I say trouble, I mean fatigue, low energy, and even anemia.
But did you know there are plenty of healthy natural foods to gain weight fast? Most of these super foods can be found at the very comfort of your kitchen. Before we dig into these amazing foods you need to know, let me first tell you some of the common health problems caused by being too thin:
1. Diabetes and Heart disease – These diseases are typically the problems of overweight and obese. However, just being thin doesn’t mean you are immune from these conditions. No matter what scale number you may be, your blood and sugar levels, as well as your cholesterol counts, can rise. You may never have those “spare tires” on your thighs or arms; however, you might be carrying fats around your heart or liver. According to studies, fats located at hidden spots such as heart or liver is far more dangerous and has a higher risk for diabetes than visible fats.
2. Lowered Immune System – Your immune system acts like the overall guard which ensures no foreign cells pass on to your body. If you are underweight or fragile, your immune system will go down. You will have a greater risk of getting sick and have a higher chance of acquiring different types of illnesses or diseases.
3. Anemia – Are you feeling tired all the time? Lack of energy along with fatigue are symptoms of anemia. It is usually caused by nutritional deficiencies such as iron, folate, and vitamin B12. If you are underweight, you should regularly consult your doctor to check whether you are consuming enough right foods.
4. Osteoporosis and Weak Bones – People who have a lower level of estrogen have a higher chance of acquiring osteoporosis. Estrogen is the one responsible for healthy bones. Those who lack it can have brittle bones or more prone to breakage.
Let’s Get Down To Business:
Now that you’ve learned some of the common downsides of being too skinny, it’s now time to get to the main part. Below are some of the awesome foods you might need to eat to gain weight fast. Take note - these foods are all natural, so you won’t have to worry about having those artificial fats in your body.
Did you know nuts contain lots of rich nutrients that can aid you gain weight swift? Peanuts, cashews, walnuts and almonds have fibers, vitamins, fats and minerals that are not only an excellent heart therapy but can also help in gaining weight. Not only they contains vitamins and minerals, but also have an essential oil which is perfect for thin people to pound fast. In a study conducted by Harvard Men’s Health Watch, eating nuts are linked to heart and life longevity. Check out some of the important things you need to know about nuts here.
If you want to increase weight, butter can help do the magic. Salted butter has 36 calories per five grams of serving. It contains saturated fat which is actually good for people who wish to gain weight. Peanut butter, on the other hand, is also a perfect food for weight gaining since it contains lots of calories, minerals, and vitamins as well as other health defensive food elements.
We all know milk is good for our body, right? However, what you probably didn’t know is that milk is an excellent drink to help you gain lots of weight. If you drink two glasses of milk every day, it means you already consumed 14g of protein. Whole milk is also better and contains more fat content than skimmed milk. You can drink your milk anytime of the day but mornings would be the perfect time as it will give you a little extra bust of energy to start your day right.
If you are working out at a gym, drinking milk is also a perfect natural post workout drink aside from whey protein shake.
Scrambled eggs, especially if cooked with olive oil, make a nutritious and calorie rich breakfast. Perfect for people out there looking healthy, delicious and weight gaining food. If you add hard boiled eggs on salads, or maybe stir a raw egg in your soup, then you’ll have a greater calorie intake for your food. Eggs are full of nutrients such as vitamin A, B2, and proteins which ensure to start our day right and healthy.
Did you know that eating one large banana a day can help you get more than 120 calories? No wonder, it is recommended in most diet plans for weight gain. A single large banana contains 120 calories plus fats, potassium and minerals perfect for people who wish to gain more weight. You may even try eating this delicious and healthy fruit after a workout to replenish yourself from a tiring day at the gym. Or you may even try to make a banana shake as an alternative.
Beef, the most common type of red meat, is rich in fats and calories. It is an effective way to help build muscles and thus, gain weight. For instance, a sumptuous steak contains over three grams of leucine for every 6 ounces. Leucine is one of the vital elements your body requires to push muscle growth as well as adding new muscle tissues. You can read more about leucine here.
Additionally, did you know that according to study, red meats are one of the best sources of dietary creatine which is actually the world’s best muscle building supplement?
The right type of fish such as salmon fish can also do wonders to your body. Want to know why? It is because salmon fish contains omega-3 fatty acids which not only fights diseases but also provides over 300 calories to assist you achieve weight. Even a half fillet of salmon can help give you a whopping 40 grams protein, which is why muscle building athletes like this type of fish.
You may think that fruits lose most of their nutrients when dried, it isn’t. As a matter of fact, its vitamins and fibers remain intact even when dried. Additionally, it is a high-calorie snack that provides antioxidants as well as micronutrients. When paired with a protein rich food such as meat or whey protein shake, dried fruits can provide healthy fats to help you gain that weight you’ve been wanting to have.
Fruit juices provide more than 50 calories per glass, it’s the perfect way to gain some healthy weight. You can try juicing up a variety of fruits, and even sprinkle some nut powder or protein supplements (more on that in next para).
It’s the quickest supplements you can buy to gain that extra pound. You can even try to make homemade protein shake or smoothies for a quicker way to achieve weight. In fact, according to a study conducted by the National Institute of Health, soy protein has a slightly better performance than whey protein when it comes to muscle growth.
Check out some of the best tasting varieties of homemade protein rich smoothies which you can actually make right from the comfort of your home:
- Caramel apple shake: Combine one sliced apple, one cup yogurt, a single scoop of caramel or vanilla-flavor whey protein as well as one tablespoon of sugar-free caramel sauce for flavoring.
- Vanilla Berry shakes: Combine a single cup of fresh berries, ice, one cup of yogurt and one small scoop of quality vanilla whey protein.
- Chocolate banana nut shake: Try to combine one banana, a single scoop chocolate flavor whey protein plus and one tablespoon peanut or other nut butter.
- Vanilla blueberry shake: Combine one cup fresh blueberries, a single scoop of quality vanilla flavor whey protein, one cup vanilla yogurt as well as sweetener if required.
- Chocolate hazelnut shake: Combine around 450 ml chocolate milk with a single scoop of quality chocolate flavor whey protein, and one tablespoon of hazelnut butter and one avocado.
- Cool green shake: Mix a single cup of spinach, one avocado, one banana, one small cup of pineapple and a single scoop of vanilla flavor whey protein.
All of these awesome smoothies provide more than 600 calories as well as proteins, essential vitamins and minerals.
The secret you need to know when it comes to weight gaining is eating more calories in a consistent manner. Do this alongside lifting weights as much as possible for you to build muscles instead of just adding more fats.
If you do this on a daily basis, then you don’t have to worry about having your friends or loved ones call you several names. Besides, the fact that you gain extra weight can boost your self-confidence as well as your self-esteem.
Is this article helpful? Let me hear your thoughts. Write your comments below.